Happy Trails

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Travel Tip Tuesday: HeyTell (an app for every traveler)

Instead of dealing with pesky SIM cards and data plans when we travel abroad, we use an app called HeyTell.  It works through wifi, so we can put it on our phones or iPads (it's Android and Apple friendly) to communicate with those at home.

HeyTell is a free app that uses wifi to "walkie talkie" voice message those you "call".  The message sending is instant, so you can use it almost like a phone if both parties are available.  If not, it acts as a voicemail box until the other party checks their messages.

It's a great way to communicate with those who are far away.  I prefer it to Skype as it doesn't require I look presentable or the other person to answer.  I also don't feel guilty if I don't have much to say.  I feel like I need to spend a while speaking on Skype but a sentence or two is fine with HeyTell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my ramblings. I appreciate you!