Happy Trails

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Travel Tip Tuesday: Keeping Clothes Clean

Last Christmas, my mother-in-law got me a nifty little product called Shoe Ins from The Container Store.  They are two blue and two gray sets of shoe bags with a drawstring cord that keep my shoes from getting my clothes and bag dirty when traveling.  The bags are washable, so they are a reusable solution for people who carry extra shoes.  *If you don't have Shoe Ins, you could probably also just use some old large socks.

Kris, my husband, however, hates carrying extra bags around and has shoes too big to fit in the bag anyway.  If his shoes get nasty on a trip, we usually put them in plastic grocery sacks.  (I always carry a bunch with me.)

However, a nifty little trick I saw on Real Simple is to put your shoes in those cheap, disposable shower caps often provided gratis at hotels.  Small feet can shove both shoes into one cap.  Larger shoes might need two shower caps.  Assuming they don't shift in travel, they should also work as a water guard against your clothes and wet shoes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my ramblings. I appreciate you!