Happy Trails

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Photographic Moments

I fancy myself a traveler, not a tourist.  To most people, there is little distinction, but I hold true to the motto seen all over New Zealand...

Take only photographs...
Leave only footprints.

Kris and I try not to touch valued artwork.  We attempt to be cognizant to those around us and not ruin their moments.  I try to quickly take my photographs if a group is around and leave for the next person to get a turn.

We evaluate whether or not we really need to be in a photo if there is a crowd around.  If you are next to a monument, art, or something that attracts others, you are likely ruining someone else's moment or photo.  Do you need to be?

Kris says I should embrace it.  He says I should just make a photo album called, "Photos that could have been great if the tourists would have gotten out of the way..."

So, taking his advice, I got the photo with the tourists; then waited around for one without the tourists.

 


What do you think?  Better with the tourists or without?  Feel free to weigh in on the matter in the comments section!




1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my ramblings. I appreciate you!