Happy Trails

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Travel Tip Tuesday (on Thursday) - Holiday Travel Eating

When you know you are traveling on a major national holiday like Christmas, it's best to have a game plan for eating. Does the hotel you are staying at have an open restaurant? Will you have a kitchen to make some basics you pick up from an open gas station? Are there nice places where you can eat if you make reservations? Will you be able to find an open fast food restaurant?

Kris and I knew we'd be in Phoenix on Christmas evening, and, while I knew we could rely on IHOP or Denny's being open, we had that on Thanksgiving with my brother Jimmy.

We didn't want fast food, but we also didn't want to spend $35+ dollars for a fancy Grand Prix meal at an upscale restaurant. After a little internet research, I found a local Jewish deli called Chompie's would be open. Better yet, they were featured on Man vs. Food.

Sometimes a bit of pre-prep can save you a bunch of headache.

Happy eating!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my ramblings. I appreciate you!